Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – Choice Magazine:
THE OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CHOICEMAG.CO.UK
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
- Choice Magazine is operated by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD. We adhere to all privacy and prize promotion legislation. Should you have any concerns at all you can contact CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD at Choice Magazine, First Floor, 2 King Street, Peterborough, Cambridge, PE1 1LT
- Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules which are final on all matters pertaining to choicemag.co.uk and its subsidiary sites, constituting the whole agreement between participants and CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD. Choicemag.co.uk and its subsidiary sites are governed exclusively by the laws of England. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and the Sponsor in connection with Choicemag.co.uk, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of England or of any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than of England. Time shall be of the essence of these Official Rules as regards any time, date or period referred to.
- Winners further grant to CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD the irrevocable right but not the obligation to use and publish their proper name and the town and/or county of their postal address online and in print, or any other media, in connection with Choicemag.co.uk. Acceptance of any prize constitutes irrevocable permission for CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winner’s name and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with Choicemag.co.uk or any prize won or any publication or use of winners’ names and likenesses and addresses as aforesaid.
- Choicemag.co.uk offers Prize Draws both operated by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD and by its advertiser partners. The use of the information that you provide will be made clear in both instances. Your personal details will not be passed on to advertisers without your express permission.
- When you register your details (your real first name, last name, postal address, e-mail address and other relevant information) you agree to have those details validated, receive advertiser and prize draw offers and questionnaires by e-mail.
- You can change ALL your choices and personal details at any time by logging-on to the Choicemag.co.uk site and clicking on ‘My Profile’.
- Advertiser and prize-draw e-mails will be sent to you via our ‘Choice Magazine’ brand. Each email is clearly marked as coming from ‘Choice Magazine’ and includes a link to unsubscribe from further emails (please allow 3 working days to full removal). You’ll also receive Choice Magazine Newsletter emails that will update you with what’s going on the site (new prizes, winner’s details, new services, etc…). If you no longer wish to receive any of these emails you will have to unsubscribe from these separately to the advertiser emails sent from ‘Choice Magazine’.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided within their registration. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure that these details are kept updated and CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD accepts no responsibility for any failure on the part of any participant in this or any other respect.
- CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions, the rules or cancel Choice Magazine, any of Choice Magazine’s subsidiaries and any of its prize draws at any time without prior notice.
- The latest Terms & Conditions will be kept on Choicemag.co.uk at all times.
- Unless otherwise stated, Choicemag.co.uk and its subsidiary sites are only open to residents of the UK aged 16 or over.
- An individual can only have one account with Choice Magazine. The name of the account will be the individual’s valid email address. Entrants cannot share an account. Anyone entering any invalid or false details will be disqualified from winning and be liable for any costs incurred by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD, its partners or associates.
- Account details must be kept up to date and accurate in order for CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD to contact you.
- Persons connected with Choice Magazine, its subsidiary sites, CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD or any of its sponsors, advertisers or suppliers are ineligible to enter the draw.
- Terms and conditions of third parties also apply where that third party fulfils a prize (CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD is not responsible for the fulfilment of these draws).
General Prizes & Winners:
- All prizes are subject to availability. Should any prize be unavailable, have a long delivery period and/or waiting list, a prize of similar price or specification will be substituted. If no suitable* prize can be found a cash alternative will be provided, at the discretion of CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD. *For example: winners below the age of 18 will not be able to collect a prize that is or includes alcohol.
- A random generator process selects all winners. All CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD operated Prize Draws take place within 5 working days of the end of the Prize Draw close date.
- Prizes must be claimed within 28 days. Unclaimed prizes will be void.
- CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD accepts no liability for unclaimed prizes, the processing of account details or unconsidered entries, due to any technical failure(s) or failures otherwise.
- No other prizes will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of prizes. Taxes are the responsibility of winners.
- Winner’s details will be posted on the Choicemag.co.uk site and displayed in emails.
- Where necessary, winners are required to take part in promotional activities. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD will endeavour to pre-warn a winner of such activity, where the winners name, image or likeness is used. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD can revoke prizes if reasonable level of co-operation is not forthcoming.
- Grand Prize winners must respond to notification by e-mail or registered postal mail within 28 days of the notification being sent by registered mail (the “Notification Period”) or the prize will be forfeited. Grand Prize winners will be required to execute and return a witnessed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release the form of which will be supplied by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD (“CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD” or the “Sponsor”), the sponsor of the site, within the Notification Period. Non-compliance within the Notification Period will result in disqualification. As a condition of claiming the Grand Prize, winners will also be required to provide satisfactory proof of identity, age and residency. This may include evidence such as a passport, a photo driver’s licence, and utility bills and it will be matter for the sole discretion of CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD to determine whether such satisfactory proof has been provided. The identification and contact details provided must match those currently held on our database. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure that these details are kept updated and CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD accept no responsibility for any failure on the part of any participant in this or any other respect.
- Note that winners of any Choice Magazine game will only ever be notified (and their prize winnings paid) by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD and never by any third party. You will NEVER be asked to make any payment in order to claim a cash prize from us.
- The winning numbers for our games are automatically generated by a Random Number Generator and the processes are all fully audited. Winners are contacted via automated email by our Prize Claim Team (using the contact details held in the ‘My profile’ section of Choice Magazine) as confirmed in our Terms and Conditions. Please ensure that you keep this section updated with any changes to ensure that you receive your prize. All of our Jackpot Prizes are insured by some of the world’s largest insurance underwriters who have approved our audit and draw methodology. The results from our audited system are final in all instances.
- Choice Magazine reserves the right to allow game entries from other websites, this means that the prize winner might be an ‘indirect member’ of Choicemag.co.uk.
By registering with Choicemag.co.uk, all participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules that shall be final and binding in all respects. The Official Rules will be posted at Choicemag.co.uk throughout the promotional period and CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time in such manner as it alone thinks fit. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web sites, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an ‘unsportsmanlike’ or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, it being a matter for the sole discretion of CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD to determine whether such disqualification is justified.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE AND/OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF Choicemag.co.uk IS OR MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT AND/OR PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Limitations on Liability:
CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD is not and shall not be held responsible for any incorrect and/or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users and/or by any of the equipment and/or programming associated with and/or used in Choicemag.co.uk or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries to Choicemag.co.uk or otherwise. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD is not and shall not be held responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft and/or destruction and/or unauthorised access to, and/or alteration of, entries. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD is not and shall not be held responsible for any problems and/or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail and/or participants on account of technical problems and/or traffic congestion on the Internet and/or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to any participants or to any other person’s computer related to and/or resulting from participating or downloading materials in or in connection with Choicemag.co.uk. If, for any reason, Choicemag.co.uk is not capable of being operated as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, and/or any other causes beyond the control of CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity and/or proper conduct of ‘Choicemag.co.uk’. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend ‘Choicemag.co.uk’ or elements that make-up ‘Choicemag.co.uk’.
To the extent permissible by law, CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD is not and shall not be held responsible for the non-cash prizes or their quality, suitability or fitness for purpose. CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD only acts as agent for the supplier of the non-cash prizes. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Choice Magazine is operated by CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD. We adhere to all privacy and prize promotion legislation. Should you have any concerns at all you can contact CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD at Customer Services, CHOICE PUBLISHING LTD, First Floor, 2 King Street, Peterborough, Cambridge, PE1 1LT. email@example.com